Pages

Sunday 6 January 2008

Christmas Card Swap

I participated in a Christmas Card swap with some of my babyfit friends. I'd only ever made 1 card before this but I was happy with my efforts. I did make 3 designs but I forgot to take pictures before shipping them off so I only have a picture of 2 of them.

Here were my offerings....


This one I made using decoupage. I heat embossed the silver snowflakes onto the card then layered on the decoupage, using foam dots in between each layer. I used stickles to glitter the snowman's hat, scarf, buttons and nose. I also heat embossed the patches onto the teddy bear. Then I printed off the 'Seasons Greetings' and used stickles on the edges to tie it in. For the inside I just printed a nice xmas greeting and used double sided tape to attach it. I made 5 of this type of card so cutting time was long! I spent an entire evening just cutting out all the pieces.




Now, this card was VERY interesting to make and not at all hard to do. I only made 1 of this type for the swap. The instructions came from SplitCoastStampers. I was not entirely happy with the finishing on this card. The band going around it just needed something.. a metal tag or something. Can I have it back to do over?? LOL!

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

Sorry, can't have the card back. I already attached ribbon, and made it a wall decoration. :)

jeany said...

I love them both hun :):):):).I also did the snowman & bear one i just loved it :):):)

Rika said...

Pretty cards.