Pages

Friday 22 May 2009

Alcohol inks & Skittles





Today I played around with alcohol inks. I am working on a project using them and have been practicing with blending/adding colour/changing effect/adding metal mixatives. They really are quite addictive!! The best thing I've found so far is that if I don't like the colour it's coming out I can just add a different colour or a little blending solution, onto the applicator tool or straight onto the paper, and it changes the whole look of it. And there are so many different colours to choose from, the colour combinations are endless.

I am using Ranger paper specifically designed for the alcohol inks and that also makes a world of difference. I tried using regular glossy paper but the inks soaked in too much and it was impossible to blend them. It's just so worth it to have the right paper.

*********************************************

Here is something else I wanted to show you...


These are the new GLITTERED skittles now available on Pez-A-Doodle Designs webite!! They are just gorgeous!! Notice the melon ones too??? Well there are also Bees, Ladybugs and Snails. Check them out HERE!!

10 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful paper! Looking forward to seeing how you use it.

Julia said...

Love the look of those alcohol inks!!

Kristen H said...

These papers you created are the best! I never heard of these skittles from Pez-a-doodle. I thought you coated Skittles Candy with glitter. Too funny. I thought why would you glitter candy and make it inedible??? They aren't candy, duh on my part!!! They are really pretty glass baubles! Too cool!

DeeDee said...

;What will you do with the paper? :)

scrapaddict said...

Wow, those papers are beautiful, must have a special project in mind.

Sheila said...

Sandie, They papers are wonderful. Ilove watching the video of TH using them. He shows so many neat tricks. The Ladybug skittles are the ones I like the most. ; )

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

aaahhh.. sandie.. i love your pictures with the alcohol inks.. i always wanted to buy some but to be honest i have no clue how to use them.

the skittles look FAB!! :-) how much are those? i probably better dont look :-)

Janet said...

Beautiful paper!X

Polly Pierce said...

Please give us a tutorial on how to get such lovely effects with alcohol inks! They really do look good...

I'm looking forward to seeing a project with them in it!

Anonymous said...

hi sandie! i was just about to email you and see if you got your goodies but i see that you have!! the alcohol ink papers are WONDERFUL! aren't they too fun and just TOO easy! i am nearly done with my special project too.....