Pages

Friday 30 October 2009

PDD Friday, Stampin' for the Weekend and some other Challenges

Good morning!! There is nothing quite like a crafty package to wake up to on a Friday!! Wooot!! I got some fabby goodies from Marti this morning, including the Black Tuxedo Momento ink that is proving nigh on impossible to get here!! Have you seen these gorgeous little craft buckets by Ranger yet? Well believe me they are even nicer IRL!!



Anyhoooo.... this is my DT project for Pezzy's Playgroup and I'm also entering into Whiff of Joy's challenge which is a colour combo of Red, Cream and one other colour of your choice. I decided on black :) This card was also made for PaperPlay challenges and our theme this week is to use any other language apart from English on your project (this was a toughie!!, lol)



I coloured my image using distress inks and added stickles on Willows wings. I cut a circle using my circle nesties and embossed it with the 'Thank You' cuttlebug folder, then I sanded back the 'Gracias' to make show up more. The tulle is from Tabby Crafts and the button & flowers are from my stash.


Stampin' For the Weekend
Over on Stampin' for the Weekend we have a kind of double challenge for you. I combined this challenge with the Sketch Saturday Challenge and their sketch #74.



We'd like to see you use the following Colour Combination on your cards and projects this week!

Orange, Blue and Purple!


AND

Use one of the following Song Titles from the 80s for inspiration

Girls on Film - Duran Duran


Dirty Laundry - Don Henley


Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper


[Please just use the song title as inspiration ]

Our sponsor is Peachy Keen Stamps!



The lucky winner will get a $25 Shopping Voucher to spend in the store!


We have three guest designers this week; Aunty Sue, Lil Sis (a.k.a. Becky) and Gry-Heidi!

Here is my card. I used the FUN little butterfly Anya and BG Wisteria Papers.




Don't forget to pop by the other DT girls blogs to see what they've made this week!

Have a wonderful Friday and Happy Crafting!!

14 comments:

Vicki said...

This is beautiful Sandie, lovely image, beautiful papers and I love the layout with the lil charm and punched border. Enjoy your weekend luvly, xx vicki xx

DeeDee said...

Love your color combo on the first card, and how clever on the embossing.

Good job working the colors on the second card. It's an odd combo, but you made it pretty.

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sandie:O) That image is super cute. Love the papers and great design.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Sharon said...

These are both gorgeous Sandie. I love the colours on your WOJ card and the sentiment looks fab.

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the design. The fairy from TGF is so cute! Lovely colouring!

Hugs
Kimmi x

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous vards dear such great colouring on both, I love that little Anya image
Hugs Jacqui x

Jeanette said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! I love your coloring and all the fab embellies!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Martine said...

oh wow these cards are gorgeous, beautiful choice in papers and images and such pretty details :)

xx

Martine

Penni said...

Great card, love the image from TGF and your colouring is brill!!!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Penni
X

Vanja said...

Beautiful card, Sandie! Fabulous layout, I love the orange ribbon and the flowers. The charm is a lovely detail.
Hugs, Vanja

Deirdre said...

Sandie,
Went shopping in Cork Art Supplies yesterday and FYI they have some Memento Black Tuxedo ink in stock... (they do mail order too!).
Thanks for your comment on my paperplay challenge card. Hope you have a great weekend.

Di's Dooodles said...

I was going to say the same about the ink Sandie - I always get mine fro CAS too :-)
I love the craft bucket - it's gorgeous and I love your work as always :-)

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so cute, great image and lovely papers. I love the charm. Great job on this one.
Hugs Gunn :-D

Rach said...

fabulous cards, thank you for joining us at the wojcb.xx