Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Friday Sketchers meets BG - PDD Tuesday and a Sneak Peek!!



Good morning! The sun is shining here today, wonders will never cease eh?! lol. I have been a busy little beaver for the past few days.. I'm working on my class that I will be giving in Galway this coming Sunday.. more about that further down (sneaky peeks at the wonderful papers too!!)



I made this card using Friday Sketchers sketch #78. It's a great sketch and easy to work with, which is always a bonus!! I am also entering it into Basic Grey's challenge this week, which is themed 'Glitz and Bling".

I used Penny Black's Snow Family and coloured it using copic markers. Then I added stickles to their hats. I made vellum snowflakes using Snowflake Wonder nesties and then I also added stickles to them. I added a Crystal Ice glittered skittle to the centre of the snowflake. The papers are BG Eskimo Kisses and my ribbon is by East of India.

My next project was made for my daughter who just LOVES candy canes. I was being a clever (read sneaky) momma here because I knew she wouldn't open the acetate box to take the candy canes out, she wants to keep it for the christmas tree :)  So they are safe for another while.. as are her teeth!!



We made this.. and yes, I mean WE made this, while she was ill and home from school. I did the cutting, colouring, glueing.. she gave the orders.. you see how it went??!! The cute little reindeer stamp is a Studio G and I coloured him using distress inks. I used circle and scalloped circle nesties and mounted it on the box with 3D dots. I then added Icicle stickles around the image. I finished the box off with some American Crafts ribbon.

Now... back to the sneak peek!! Here is just a *little* taster of what I'm using for the mini-book class I'm giving on Sunday. These papers were a surprise to me until I got my kit and I just fell in love with them when I saw them!! They are STUNNING!! Check out An Siopa Bui's website to get a list of classes for the Extravaganza. I think there may be a few places left for some of the classes.



 
 

Well now I am off to work with these deeeelish papers!! Have a great Tuesday :) 

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the acetate holder.. very cute & clever and your sneak peek looks awesome..can't wait until you show us the whole thing!
Hugs Jeanette

Heather said...

Hi Sandie - gorgeous card hun. Fab image, (I've been trying to get the single one for ages but think it's not in production anymore boo-hoo). Great use of the papers and those snowflakes are just beautiful.
hugs Heather xx

Rach said...

gorgeous hun, fantastic makes. hugs rachxx

Scrappinmum said...

Still drolling over the class papers! Love the card and what a mean mama on the candy!! LOL
-Sheila

Nilla said...

Love that snowman scene, it looks so chilly and as the same time it gives a warm feeling with the red hats and scarves! Love it! The candy holder, super!! And hello, looking forward to see the penguins! Hugs Nilla

DeeDee said...

Love the fuzzy snowmen!!!