Pages

Thursday 14 January 2010

Whiff of Joy meets PaperPlay Challenges

Good morning bloggers. Today I would like to share with you a card that I made for PaperPlay Challenges DT, and for Whiff of Joy's Challenge #62 - a sketch by Jane.

Our theme on PaperPlay this week is 'Furry Friends' and we would like to see you use anything that barks, squeaks, meows, roars, moos, bleats or neighs on your creation. For the safety of your beloved pet or the neighbours fuzzy sheep I would like to clarify that we're talking images here!! Sticking a bow on your kitty and stuffing her into a beautifully decorated acetate box might not be such a good idea.. YKWIM! ;)




I used Henry Mouse Hugging Heart on my card. He is coloured with Twinkling H2Os. It's such a shame that the camera can't pick up on how these shimmer, they're just beautiful! My DP is from the Ancerstry.com collection by K & Company and it has been distressed and edged using Vintage Photo distress inks.

Just look at these flowers, aren't they so pretty??!! The light mocha gardenia is even nicer IRL!!


The sentiment is from Studio G's Series 26 - Holidays, which has the cutest little Valentines stamps and sentiments.  You can see the set HERE.
Series 41 - Spring Holidays, which is the this year's set can also be found HERE

I finished off my card with some self adhesive pearls and gorgeous little heart pearls that I received from my Secret Santa (which is still a secret, LOL!!)

Don't forget to pop over to my fellow teamies blogs to leave a little love :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

Great card as always Sandie

Liz xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love all the sepia colour tones you have used! Hugs Juls

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful, I love that mouse. Great colors and that flower is GORGEOUS! Where did you get it?

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh this afternoon! Cute, cute image. I'm really trying to resist, but you're not making it any easier. :) Beautiful card, Sandie! hugs!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Sandie, love sweet Henry and your colouring is beautiful
hugs Mandy xx

DeeDee said...

Gorgeous. Love the flowers, and the neutral colors.

Martine said...

aww this is beautiful hunni, i adore little henry, i have this stamp myself and really must ink him up soon, the papers and embellies you have used on your card are just stunning darlin, and your colouring is wonderful :)


xx

Martine

Giò said...

Beautiful colors and lovely details too!!! Thanks for joining at WOJ challenge this week!!

Hugs
Giò