Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sketch Saturday meets Whiff of Joy


Good morning and happy Tuesday. I am in the midst of a long overdue re-decorating of my house this week.. taking it one room at a time. I still can't believe Easter is almost upon  us. The kids will be out of school for 2 weeks starting this Friday and they are thrilled about it, lol.  The year so far has just flown by in a blur. If you haven't entered my candy yet, just click the picture link on the sidebar to take you to the post. You have until Mar 31st to enter :)

Now, on to the reason you are here, lol.
The challenge over on Whiff of Joy this week is to make an easel card ...



...and there is a fabulous sketch on Sketch Saturday for you to try. 


I used K & Company's Classic K Bailey papers with cream cardstock. I absolutely love these K&Co. papers, gorgeous muted colours that take ink so beautifully. I made the border using the MS Doily Lace punch. All of my papers have been distressed with Antique Linen and my image background has been shaded using both Antique Linen and Tattered Rose. I used distress inks to colour my sweet image and, as always, I've added stickles to the wings.


I punched out some pine leaves, inked them and added stickles to the leaves, and my flowers. The flowers and heart pin are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I threaded the button twice with scrappers floss and tied it off into an X, then I mounted it on a 3D pop dot. My image is also on 3D dots. The lace is from my stash and the pearl swirl is part of a much bigger Prima swirl, I just snip off pieces for my cards as I need them :)

For anyone who follows Katharina's blog, you will know that she holds a guest DT call for her Whiff of Joy store every 2mths, on the 16th. 1-3 guest designers will be selected to showcase the new stamps which will be released over 2mths until the new guest DT is selected. There is a recipe to follow, which is:
  • 1 cardstock
  • 2 Patterned Papers
  • 1 Ribbon
  • 1 Button
The DT call ends this evening at 8pm (GMT+1) so you need to be quick if you want to enter. Good luck xx

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Sandie your card is beautiful hunny, so pretty, love the image, the pearls, it's all so pretty
hugs Mandy xx

Shirl said...

Awww Sandie this is gorgeous....everything about the card is stunning.
Hugs Shirley x x x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, sweet image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Sonia said...

That's a beautiful card. Love the colors and all the details. Great.
Hugs,
Ranita

DeeDee said...

I love the colors you used here. You do muted like nobody's business! :)

Victoria said...

absolutely stunning x

Anonymous said...

totally beautiful!!! Samantha :0)

Kelly Massman said...

What fun embellishments you added to this card!!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Sandie this is just soooo beautiful!!! I love the peachy tones you've used and the lace, pearls and flowers are so delicate and pretty! Melinda looks so sweet...you have coloured her in beautifully!
Thanks so much for joining the WoJ challenge this week!
hugs,t

Christy said...

The lace you used is stunning.....gorgeous card

Marina said...

Gorgeous Easel card!
I love the lace and the design.
All details and colours are beautiful.

Hugs,
Marina

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW this card is absolutely stunning, i love this image and the colours and detail you have used are beautiful xxx

Katharina Frei said...

Love your card Sandie!! a very effective way to use thelimited supply :)
Katharina