Pages

Monday 6 September 2010

Pocket Full of Posies - Floral Fantasy

I've got the distinct feeling of de ja vú with my project for this morning - could that be because only a couple of days ago I posted with almost the same challenge?? LOL. Funny how that happens, makes one wonder who's got a fly on whose wall.. ooh crafty espionage.. haha!!

The challenge on A Pocket Full of Posies for this fortnight is Floral Fantasy {<-- see what I mean!!}.. and instead of a card I made a favour box. I got the template from SCS but adapted the top by adding a panel that can open up.


The box only requires one 8.5 x 11" sheet of DS paper or cardstock as it is an all-in-one. I used cardstock for the base and Basic Grey's Green @ Heart papers to cover it. 

I followed the sketch on Waltzing Mourse Sketches challenge blog for the extra panel I added. I will also enter into the Stamp Something challenge - Something Cute




When the ribbon is opened the top panel flips back. To make it, I simply cut the square to size but left one size  0.5" longer. I scored it at the 0.5" mark and folded it underneath, adhereing the 'flap' to the top of the box. I also had to cut the ends of the flap diagonally to make sure it didn't overlap the openings on the top of the box.



To open the box and fill with goodies, all you do is pull upwards.... wonderful idea!! Once filled, you simply push the top part back down and tie up the ribbon.

Tip: If you do attempt to make this box then I would advise watching the video tutorial on how the bottom of the box is assembled. I went by the instructions  - read it, and read it again.. tried it.. screamed at it.. scratched my head.... and eventually gave in and watched the video.. THEN it all made sense, lol!!

Well that's my project. I really enjoyed making it and am all set to make another later today. Please do pop over to the Pocket Full of Posies blog to see what the other ladies have created - and if you're interested in joining our DT then all you have to do is email us a link to your blog to be considered. 

Have a great day!
Sandie
xXx

19 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Sandie this is gorgeous hun, I think I may be having a go of this 1. I love all the details you have put on it & the lid is fantastic..... its fan-dabby-doosy

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun this is stunning...I just love it!!!
hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, I love it!

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Sandie. Love the papers you used and all your perfect details.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty little box! love how you've decorated this - just lovely! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Sandie!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my! What a darling little gift box decorated so pretty! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

Monique said...

This is so cute.. Love the heart with the friend tag...Very creative!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Love all your details and those little flowers in the heart are show stoppers! Fabulous gift box!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Sandie this is gorgeous I love this little box the colours are beautiful I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

crafty amy said...

What a brilliant idea and the box looks beautiful!! I will have to have a go :D

Hugs

Amy xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Sandie, its gorgeous. A beautiful project and so very pretty!
Clairex

Deirdre said...

Oh Wow Sandie... this is just amazing.... love what you created.

Unknown said...

Beautiful beautiful, beautiful so cute, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Stamp Something.

Hugs Jo xxx

Ren-Yi said...

oh my! that's not lucky. that's gorgeous! :) love your box top - which is just really the tip of an iceberg. just lovely.

Ren-Yi said...

oh my! that's not lucky. that's gorgeous! :) love your box top - which is just really the tip of an iceberg. just lovely.

Unknown said...

What a dinky wee box!!!! How cute! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Alice said...

beautiful project!! lovely details and colors! thanks for joining us this week at WMSC!!

Scrappinmum said...

Love, love, love!! So wonderful and I really like how you did the top.

Marjo said...

Hi Sandie,

This is gorgalicious! Wonderful creation.

Hugs, Marjo