Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Whiff of Joy DT - March Release Preview

Good afternoon!! This is my second post of the day so if you've come looking for the Waltzingmouse Stamps March sneaks then you'll find it on the post below, or simply click HERE.

In this post I have 2 cards to share, as blogger played silly beggars with me and my post didn't publish on Friday while I was away. 

On March 1st Whiff of Joy are releasing 2 new lines of stamps, Norma Fickel's Gnomes and Elizabeth Bell's Spring collection which was available as a kit and will now be released as individual stamps. Both lines are ADORABLE!!!
I've been in 'orange' mode lately and this card is no exception. This is one seriously pretty image and the first one to jump out at me when deciding which to ink up first.


My papers are Basic Grey and dark brown cardstock and they've all been machine stitched. The sheer ribbon, charm, pearls and flowers are all from my stash. 



Copics used:
Skin/Blush - E00, 02, 21, 51
Dress - YR14, 15, 16, 18
Hair - E42, 43, 44
Shoes - E50, 51, 53

On this card I've used one of the new Gnomes by Norma Fickel.  I am a big fan Norma's Gnomes and was thrilled to see more being released.


The papers are by Prima and are called Sweet Fairy - again, I've machine stitched them. I coloured my image, trimmed it out and mounted it with 3D dots. Then I added loadza yummy flowers, ribbon, pearls and pearl topped brads.


To finish off I broke out the Star Dust Stickles and added it to the flowers, image and sentiment :D 

Copics used:
Skin - E00, 02, 21, 51
Blues - B12, 14, 16
Pinks - R81. 83, 85
Browns - E42, 43, 44 (shoes) E40, 41, 42 (vest)
Yellows - Y15, 17

Challenges:
7kidsCollegeFund - Calling all Squares
Crazy 4 Challenges - Flowers
One Stop Craft - Spring Flowers
Sweet Stampin  - Oh so Girly
Stamp Something - something with flowers
The Outlawz Copic Challenge - (must use Copic/Promarkers) - Adding depth to hair
Wags 'n Whiskers - punches

Thanks for popping in!
Sandie
xXx

13 comments:

Kristen said...

You are a talented lady - glad to know you are keeping busy.

Kristen said...

Talent runs deep. Keeping busy I see.

Paulina said...

Nice cards.The second card is excellent,a very beautiful combination of colours.=))))

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Sandie,

Your creations ar so wonderful !!
The paper your colorings Fabulous:)

These gnomes steels hearts haha

Hugs
Sonja

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh girl, you're going to make me want them all! Beautifully done!

Hugs,
Lisa

Deirdre said...

Wow Sandie, these are amazing.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous cards. That little lady is very sweet, love your colours on both cards.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Julie said...

Two fab cards, Sandie - my fave has to be the gnome - I adore these images and your colours and papers are mouthwatering!! Juliex

gina g said...

These are beautiful cards, cant wait to order mine lol. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

CraftyC said...

Aren't these both so pretty Sandie, couldnt choose myself.Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!
Clairexx

Alice said...

these are gorgeous, Sandie!

Julie said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Lorraine said...

these are both so beautiful thankyou for joining us at sweet stampin this week and good luck huni xx