Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

DT Quixotic Paperie - Little Stargazer

Hi everyone! I am busy busy busy preparing for the GBCE which takes place this weekend, Oct 5, 6 & 7th at the Athlone Springs Hotel. Check out the GBCE blog for updates and sneak peeks of all the wonderful classes scheduled Friday through to Sunday. There will also be lots of demos and make&takes going on for you to enjoy. Classes are filling up FAST! so if there is one you really want to take don't delay on booking in. 

Today, it's my turn to share a little inspiration over on the Quixotic Paperie blog and my card today features a sweet image from Susana Loves Stamps called Little Stargazer.


I've stamped her out onto watercolour card using Archival ink and I coloured her in with Distress Markers.

Skin: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose
Hair: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
Clothes: Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone, Black Soot & Inkssentials Opaque White pen


My papers are Basic Grey - PB&J and they've been matted and stitched down onto black and white cardstock. I inked the Make it Crafty Vines chippies and then added some clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. For the butterfly chippie I heat embossed it with Seafoam white embossing powder.


 I cut the top off of a medium sized manilla tag, stamped my Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment, added a wide eyelet and threaded some twine though, then I slipped it behind the ribbon, layering it over the white doily. 

I trimmed out my image and layered that on top using 3D foam dots. Then I tucked 2 yellow & black feathers in behind her. To finish, I used a Viva Decor paper pen to make my pearls. 

Challenges - 
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes!
Try It On Tuesday  - Lots Of Layers
Wild Orchid Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by!!
Sandie
xx

4 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Sandie this is so incredibly cute! I love the beautiful layout and such a gorgeous image :)

Sandra H said...

Oh what an adorable and beautifully coloured image your card is truly lovely x

Mrs.B said...

This is so cute, love all the layers. Adorable image.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Leanne said...

:) Adorable!