Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

WOW! Embossing February Challenge

It's the last day of February and the last day to enter our WOW! Embossing Challenge. The theme this month is ... 

 ROMANCE/LOVE

I made a simple Black and White card and added splashes of purple and red. 


I used the Love Beyond Measure stamp set, stamped out the LOVE with Dusty Concorde distress ink and heat embossed with Clear Gloss embossing powder. I stamped out the entwined hearts, which are also in the set, with Fired Brick ink. Then I cut it out using Nestabilities labels dies. 



To embellish I added a large Prima flower, some rose buds and flowers I made using the Melt-It Powder and powder from the Sugar n Spice kit


WOW! Products Used:

I also want to share a card I made for last month's theme, which was ICE & SNOW, but due to my dodgy internet connection it didn't make the blog. It does have the word LOVE on it so I guess it ties nicely with this month's theme ;) 


For the background I used the Blizzard stamp on white card and heat embossed it using Clear Matt powder, then I sponged it with Tumbled Glass Distress inks. I used the same technique for the words, which are from the Collage clear stamp set

I took the rose from the Simply Amazing stamp set and heat embossed it twice, layering one on top of the other with 3D foam for some dimension. To complete the card I added some baker's twine to the sentiments and flower centre. 



Today is the last day to enter our monthly challenge for your chance at winning 12 embossing powders. Check out all of the details HERE
Remember, all projects must have either heat embossing or use WOW! products to qualify!
You must also be a follower of our blog to enter*.


Thanks for dropping by!
Sandie
xXx

2 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ooooh sandy love these!!! so elegant and beautiful. you have done a fabulous job :)

Leanne said...

Very pretty Sandie! Sounds like you had a lot of fun playing with all of those products. Cool!!