Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

Home Sweet Home - Mixed Media Tag

Howdy bloggers! I hope your Saturday is treating you well. It's a lazy day here in this household, too wet and cold to venture outdoors so it's crafting, movie watching and generally being sloths for the day, lol. 

I had a bit of a play around wtih some inks, sprays and stamps yesterday and I decided to make a tag to enter into the challenge over on the Mixed Media Place blog. They want to see projects with Glimmer mists used on them... and this is what I came up with. 


I started out with a 6"x3" manilla tag and I covered it with some papers by Prima. I used mod podge to adhere it down. I then added a thin layer of gesso and once it dried I spritzed the background with Patina, Kiwi & Lemongrass Glimmer Mists - drying with a heat gun between layers. I also used a yellow spray from Dylusions. Then I added some more paper detail, around the edges and sealed them with more mod podge. 


I stamped out the house and used Creall Silkies to colour it in, then I sealed it. The sentiment is from a Waltzingmouse Stamps stamp set. I cut it apart, adhered it down and outlined it with a Black fine point Sharpie paint pen. 


The butterfly was in the pattern of one of the papers so I just trimmed it out and stuck it down, layering some mod podge over it. I took the lid of my mod podge and pressed it down into a brown inkpad, using it to create the circles. 

To make the house stand out more I also outlined that with the Sharpie paint pen. 


All in all I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I have some more mixed media supplies winging their way to me and I am excited to start playing with it.... so expect to see a lot more in the coming weeks :D 

Sandie
xxxx




5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooooh nice work missus! Am loving checking out your mixed media work.
xXx

Carol Held said...

I think this is a beautiful tag....thanks for sharing! www.stampinribbons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, really brilliant mixed media piece!!

finnabair said...

Great project! Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge!

Anonymous said...

Your tag is gorgeous Sandie!
Alison x