Pages

Sunday 25 May 2014

Molossi Mood Board Challenge

Howdy!! I recently hosted a crafty swap and today I want to share what I made for my swap partner. I actually got the idea for this from another swap I'm participating in, which I am working on right now... I'm typing in between drying layers, lol. I also took inspiration from the Molossi Mood Board challenge. All of the supplies will be listed at the end of the post. 



I was lucky enough to find some large Papier Mâché letters in my local art store - these are approx 8" in height. I prepared the surface with a layer of gesso and then added loads of texture with modelling paste and stencils, along with chipboard pieces.



I did all of the background colours before adding flowers, and gesso'd chipboard butterflies/birds/leaves. I used various Silks to add colour to the raised areas. 


I also applied Silks to the edges of the large Prima flowers. Finally I adhered a Prima Typo Bulb over the birdcage (Tip: use a hot glue gun for this step, wet glue takes aaaaaages to dry. Ask me how I know :/ )


Supplies: 
Papier Mâché Letter
Claudine Hellmuth Gesso
Stencil - Prima Sunrise Sunset
Flowers - Prima & Wild Orchid Crafts
Sprays - Tattered Angels: Tattered Leather & Dylusions: Campso Teal
Silks - Emperor's Gold, Chestnut Brown, Persimmon & Moss Green
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Chipboard - Lattice Background, Butterflies, Bird & Birdcage 
Ingvild Bolme (for Prima) Typo Bulbs 2 

Thanks for popping by! 
Sandie
xXx

5 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Absolutely beautiful project Sandie, great take on the moodboard! So glad you joined us for Molossi's first Mood Board Challenge!

Sandra H said...

Oh how wonderful is your creation this is just so beautiful and perfect in every way xx

Honor said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous project Sandie, I love all the different textures. Thanks for playing along with us at Molossi :)

Rikki Graziani said...

Stunning!!!! Thank you for playing along with Molossi

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool piece! I love all the texture and the beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining the Molossi Mood Board Challenge. :)